Hey there! In this post, I will remind you the basics of setting up an MLA paper.
1) Click on Layout → Margins → Choose 1” margins all the way around the paper
2) Click on Home → Font → Pick Times New Roman. Click on Font Size → Pick 12 pt.
3) Under Insert → Page Number → Top of Page → Plain Number 3 → Click to Insert → Type in your last name to the left of the page number. Make sure that you also change the font and size of the header to Times New Roman 12pt.
4) Click on Home → The up and down arrow under Paragraph → 2.0 line spacing
5) Begin with your header on page 1. Type in the format seen above with left alignment. After your heading, center aligns and type the title. Then click back to left alignment, indent your first line (with the tab key) and begin typing your paper.
6) The final page is your Works Cited page. Type Works Cited at the top of the page and center it. Then add your references in alphabetical order using the format required.
Another way to go about this is to use Microsoft Word to assist you with citing. Each time you have a new source in your paper, follow these directions: Click on Reference → Choose MLA under Style → Insert Citation → Add New Source → Fill in as much information as you can → Click OK. Then at the end of your paper, click on Bibliography, choose Works Cited, and Word will automatically create for you a Works Cited page.
Thank you for reading! I hope it was useful! Let me know in the comments section below anything you would like to share about this post. Maybe you have something to add! I would love to read your thoughts! Have a great day!